- The Election Committee is an ad-hoc committee.
- The Election Committee Chair is appointed by the School Board for each election (usually twice per year).
- The Election Committee coordinates the election process given a slate of open positions, a slate of candidates, a list of voters, and specific dates.
- The Recruiting Committee provides the Election Committee with the slate of candidates and the positions they are looking to fill. Please see the Elections page to learn more about open positions and how to apply.
- The Election Committee coordinates the distribution of ballot instructions, online voting tools, results processing, and announcement of results when results have been tallied.
Committee Contact Information
If you want to contact the committee or volunteer to help in elections, please send an email to:
What sort time commitment is required to be on the EC? Not much. We generally meet twice a year (once for each election) and then spend a week on a couple of phone calls, one day on a weekend printing ballots and stuffing envelopes, and then a couple hours reviewing and the publishing the results. Lots of fun, and not much time (about 8-10 hrs every 6 months). Join us!
Fall 2016 Election Committee:
- Rick Robinson, Chair
- Brad Pippert
- Lisa Griffin
- Sharon Robinson
- Trang Mai
- Ajay Chankramath
- Thomas Greco, Accountability Committee liaison
- Jan Kulmann, Board Liaison
Please visit the Election Page for details!
Election Policy and Procedures
The Stargate School Board has defined a set of Election Policies and Procedures. You can find a copy of these Policies and Procedures in the Forms and Files page.
All election-related documents are located on Forms and Files page.