Stargate Board members are elected to three-year terms, during which time they are expected to serve as a voting member of the board, to develop policies for the operation of Stargate School, and to monitor and evaluate its finances, programs and performance.
Current Stargate Board members include:
Visit the Recruiting or Elections pages for more information about how to apply for a seat on the Stargate Board.
Members of the Stargate Governance Board of Directors are expected to - at minimum - be familiar with the Stargate Bylaws, the Board Handbook, Governance Board Orientation Policy, the Stargate Policy Book and the Committee Charters. Board members are also expected to:
1. Attend regular meetings of the Governance Board. The Board and its committees usually meet once a month. All meetings are open to the public unless they fall under one of the categories for an executive session (see the board handbook for details).
2. Be accessible for personal contact in between meetings.
3. Serve as an active, on-going member of at least one committee. This requires a number of meetings per year plus individual committee task completion time.
4. Prepare in advance for decision-making and policy formation at board meetings; take responsibility for self-education on the major issues before the board.
5. Complete an annual self-review.
6. Participate in the annual board development and planning retreat each year.
7. Exemplify integrity, honesty and respect.
8. Make dedication and commitment to the vision of Stargate School a top priority for any Board member.
Board Information >